We're putting our contest on hold for the summer months. Stayed tuned for when we announce our contest reopening in early fall!
- Who is eligible to enter? You can enter if you're a BC resident and over 19 years of age.
- What are the prizes?There are three equal prizes – each a long-term home radon test kit (value $29.99 plus shipping).
- How will a winner be selected? The winner(s) will be chosen at random by the BC Lung Association.
- Who hosts the contest? The BC Lung Association manages RadonAware and is the contest host.
- When will the winners be announced? The winner will be contacted the day after the contest is closed by email and announced on the BC Lung Association Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Who funds the prizes? The BC Lung Association.
No purchase necessary. To enter the Contest, you must register yourself online at www.radonaware.com/contest by completing the registration form.
The online registration form requires that you provide your first name, last name, postal code and e-mail address.
The submission of the on-line entry form constitutes an "Entry". Only one Entry per person is permitted and each Entry is only eligible for a chance to win one of the three prizes. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the holder of the email account. Multiple entries by the same person or from the same email address or from the same person from a different email address shall result in disqualification.
All Entries must be submitted no later than midnight before the contest close date. All Entries become the property of the BC Lung Association. No Entries will be accepted by any other means, including but not limited to regular postal mail. Incomplete or late Entries will be disqualified.
Entrants must be 19 years of age on the contest date and a resident of BC.
- Contest is open to residents of British Columbia. Only British Columbians residents are eligible for prizes and entrants must provide their postal code and phone number on their Entry as proof of residency.
- To be eligible to win a prize in the Contest, the entrant must be 19 years of age or older.
- Limit one entry per person and email address.
- Entries will be rejected if registration form is not fully completed and submitted by the date and time listed above.
- Incomplete online entries will be void;
- Contest is void outside British Columbia.
- Employees of the BC Lung Association, Small Box Software, the Minister, and Executive of the Ministry of Health, parents and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the BC Lung Association and its respective advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible for prizes. (“Excluded Entrants”)
- The contest prize is a long-term home radon test kit.
- Three are given away to three different winners every month.
- If a selected entrant cannot be reached within 24 hours or if the selected entrant declines the Prize, or does not otherwise comply with these Contest rules, the Prize will be forfeited and another random draw will be conducted in the same manner to select a replacement entrant.
- Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received; and
- Delivery date of the Prize will be within 30 days from the time the BC Lung Association conducts and announces the Contest winners.
- Potential winners may be requested to provide proof of identification and eligibility.
- All decisions of the BC Lung Association are FINAL.
If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. All online entries must be submitted from a valid email account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid online entry in this Contest will be that recorded on the host server used by the BC Lung Association for the purposes of the Contest.
Potential winners of any prize will have their name publicized on the RadonAware website and social media platforms (Facebook & twitter), but winners will have the option of requesting that only their first name and last name initial be publicized for privacy reasons. Winners agree that their preferred name may be used without limitation by the BC Lung Association for publicity, promotional and/or advertising purposes (except where prohibited by law) in any medium throughout the world without additional compensation or right of approval.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no substitutions will be made.
The BC Lung Association’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the prizes.
Limitations on Liability
All entries become the property of the BC Lung Association and will not be returned. The BC Lung Association and its authorized agents are not responsible for any computer, online, or technical malfunctions that may occur; for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; or any technical error which may occur in the processing of entries; any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or due to any combination of the foregoing. The BC Lung Association and its authorized agents are not responsible for any injury or damage to an entrant's or prospective entrant's computer or to any computer related to or resulting from participating, attempting to participate or entering the Contest, for theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entries, or problems downloading entries from any website.
The BC Lung Association reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the rules at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the BC Lung Association reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The BC Lung Association is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the BC Lung Association and its respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors, assigns and advertising and promotional agencies from any liability for any loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest-related activities, including but not limited to related travel or, if declared a winner, the use or misuse of a prize or any portion of a prize including personal injury, death or property damage. This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest rules, subject to amendment by the BC Lung Association. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest. Also, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by the BC Lung Association and its authorized agents by telephone or email and agree to be bound by these rules.
The BC Lung Association operates under the legal authority of the Society Act (RSBC 1996, C. 433) and is subject to the Personal Information Protection Act (SBC 2003, C.63). The personal information collected on this form will not be sold to anyone and used only for the purposes of contacting potential contest winners, provide support and to promote RadonAware contests. In addition, your information may be used for ongoing research and program evaluation.
For more information regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, view the RadonAware Privacy Statement, or contact:
British Columbia Lung Association
PO Box 34009 Station D
Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 4M2